Friday, January 26, 2007

Libraries and MySpace

MySpace accounts are a great thing for teens and parents alike.
I read blogs on myspace accounts at several libraries. Some I was impressed with, while others I felt were slow, tacky, and just plain bad!!!
I did find one Library in Orange County Florida (http://blog.ocls.info/teens) that I thought was soooo very contemporary. Their myspace pages have a blog for teens called Techno Teens. Here they can read book reviews given by librarians and learn about current library events.
One teen group and the teen librarians passed out free library stuff at an outdoor rock concert. At this same library, teen librarians keep the space up to date and promote programs with lots of enthusiasm. Teens can let staff know if they enjoy or hate an activity.
As I continued to peruse myspace accounts I found that there are resources for parents that focus on child/teen cyberspace saftey.
This has been good learnin'.

No comments: